Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Autumn colours already? No, just the effect of a very peaty river.


.

 


 
We were waiting for the rest of our hiking party to show up. We stood on the wooden bridge and  remarked that we’d never seen the river looking that peaty. I thought it looked like coffee. A. corrected me. Hobgoblin, she said, referring to a very tasty dark beer that never lasts five minutes in our house. I decided to take a quick snap of the leaves reflected in the golden brown water; that’s the result.

This is a brief posting. I still haven't finished my day's writing, and in half an hour the weekend's big game - Manchester United v Chelsea  - will kick off.  Yes, I am nervy. Of course I am. Having been a Chelsea supporter for 46 years I can take most things in my stride. But defeat to that lot? I still hate it. I'll settle for a  lucky 1-1 draw.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear what people think about my blog. Please add a comment if you are in the mood.