Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

One Book In, Another Book Out.


 

One Book In, Another Book Out 
 

 

It’s been a lively day. Shortly before lunch there was a knock at the door and there was the postman with a parcel containing ten copies of my latest book (above). I mean, of course, the one I ghosted for ex-PC Pannett, A Likely Tale, Lad.

An hour later I was able to email to my current client the completed, revised and edited version of Chasing Black Gold. He wants to have a final read through before forwarding it to the agent and the publisher.

I was rather touched when he emailed me this morning and confessed that he was having withdrawal symptoms, having agreed last week that we had finished tinkering and that it was now down to me to apply the final polish. So, he asked, could he have a wee look at the first chapter, to which I had applied the most alterations. ‘I need a fix,’ he said – and no sooner had I sent it than he was asking whether I was up for  drafting a film proposal – and an outline for a potential American publisher. The guy obviously has the bug.

With that out of the way I am now free to think about a raft of other projects I have in mind, none more urgent, it seems, than my preparation for the residency in Taos next January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear what people think about my blog. Please add a comment if you are in the mood.